Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Environment: Reduce -- Commercial Cleaning Supplies

So my next challenge is to start making all-natural cleaners for the house. This is going to be a big change for us, so I'm going to go ahead and use up the stuff that we have, and instead of replacing it with my normal cleaner (from a store), I'll go ahead and make some "all natural" stuff -- vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice, all my friends... we'll see if it cleans better (or at least as well).

I'm a little nervous about trying to replace two things in particular: dishwasher detergent and Clorox wipes (we have an old dog who has frequent accidents). I'm guessing the Clorox wipes won't be that hard to replace when I actually sit down to figure something out, but the dishwasher detergent may take some doing.

I'll post the recipes as I come across them.

No comments:

Post a Comment